Properly produced video is a respectable investment for your company. You should make sure you leverage that investment as much as possible. It’s a fact that both your potential customers and Google robots appreciate online video. Google robots eat up video like mints and spoon feed it back to your client base to give you impression advantages over your slow to react competitors.
So why go to the effort of creating meaningful video content and brandsell messaging?
Some interesting video statistics:
- 62% of Google universal searches include video. (Source: Marketingland)
- It’s very likely that a search they will present some sort of video content early in the results. And because Youtube is owned by Google, 80% of these video results come from YouTube.
- Youtube is the second highest used search engine, after Google.
- Video Content, Especially On YouTube, Wins In Google Universal Search according to SearchMetrics.
And According to data from ReelSEO :
- Websites with video rank higher in search engine results.
- Ninety per cent of consumers insist product videos are helpful during the sales cycle .
- Websites with online video keep visitors hanging around for longer periods of time .
- YouTube attracts more than 1 billion unique visitors every month .
Videos have become essential tools in doing business today. For many businesses, however, they do not know how to maximize the exposure from the video.
Here are a few ways to help make online video count.
- YouTube: You’ve taken the time to produce the professional video. Now take a few minutes more and start a YouTube Channel. If your YouTube channel is optimized properly, your video will rank highly in Google search results. And when a video is optimized properly it can achieve much faster results than a conventional website that has just so-so optimization. When you upload a video, include a description, title, category and tag words, which all contribute to giving your results a jump.
- Optimizing your website: It only makes sense that you post your videos to your website as well. You should always make sure the content is optimized so that search engine crawlers like Google and Bing can easily find them. You’ll need to fill in information like descriptions and tags categories. Also consider video transcripts and captions to increase your search opportunities.
- Brand your Channel: As your YouTube channel matures you will likely achieve partner status. That gives you more customizing privileges. But even before that happens you are still able to graphically brand your channel so it extends your brand identity beyond your website and other visual collaterols. Here you have another opportunity to write in desired keywords in the channel description and tags areas.
- Title: Make sure it includes relevant keywords related to the content you’re speaking about. It also needs to be descriptive so it can be easily searched for and compelling enough to make people want to watch it. Make it descriptive to increase chances of someone typing in keywords that are short tail relevant to your prime message.
- Description: Your description should inform and also contain the keywords you want the video to be found by. Make sure in the first line of the description you insert a link to the target website as well as the most relevant keywords. Write as conversational as possible so the description isn’t screaming SEO and you still come across in a conversational way.
- Tags: YouTube video’s jump ahead of the others when they are tagged properly and it’s a great way to reinforce the keywords your video should be found under. Each individual tag should be a word or phrase and should be relevant to the video’s content.
Your mission is simple. Product professional video that is seen by as many of your target audience as possible. Tagging, titling and properly sharing that video gives you maximum return on investment and a definitely leap over the non-believer competitors who still haven’t discovered the power of video.